Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Design

Design, itself, is often difficult to define to non-designers because the meaning accepted by the design community is not one made of words, "wikipedia"
I find this idea interesting...

Carnegie Mellon's School of Design, "Design is the process of taking something from its existing state and moving it to a preferred state."
For me a well designed item has had all the ugliness taken out of something.

Chartered Society of Designers, "design is a force that delivers innovation that in turn has exploited creativity"
I feel that what I am trying to capture in my jewellery is this 'innovation' I want to show it in a different way to make people notice it...

ICSID (International Council of Societies of Industrial Design), "Design is a creative activity whose aim is to establish the multi-faceted qualities of objects, processes, services and their systems in whole life-cycles. Therefore, design is the central factor of innovative humanization of technologies and the crucial factor of cultural and economic exchange."

I like the idea of humanization of technologies...I feel that often technology is a form of synthetic life we create. i also feel we try to imbue these items with human qualities to make them more a part of ourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment